This message is taken from Dr. Rob Gilbert’s Success Hotline
Success hotline delivers a 3 minute motivational message, 7 days a week, 365 days a year I call daily!
HOW TO WORRY
From an old family recipe
WORRYING: The attempt to solve problems in the future by tormenting oneself now about possible bad results then.
1. Pick a topic (any topic).
2. Imagine something bad happening in relation to that topic.
3. Replay this negative scenario over and over again in your mind.
4. As you replay this AWFUL THING (whatever it is), breathe very shallowly or, for maximum discomfort, stop breathing altogether.
5. Simultaneously, hold your body completely still while you:
6. Furrow your brow and clench some muscles.
7. Think, “It’s hopeless. I’ll never be able to handle this.”
8. DO NOT, under any circumstances,
a. Breathe deeply.
b. Move your body.
d. Ask for help.
e. Problem-solve with one or more sympathetic human beings.
f. Take concrete action.